Networking Resource Centre
in Biological Sciences
To improve scientific research capabilities towards achieving the status of Excellence in Basic Scientific Research
To promote and disseminate scientific knowledge and to mentor young researchers and faculty members in their scientific research. UGC-Networking Resource Centre in Biological Sciences in Madurai Kamaraj University consists of set of inter and inter-disciplinary, multi-department team of investigators.
UGC-NRCBS at MKU is serving as the resource centre for collaborative research and training for faculty, scientists and research students of other universities, colleges and institutions, with state of the art infrastructural facilities. The major activities of the Networking Centre are:
1. Organizing summer/winter schools for young faculty members and research students.
2. Imparting training in frontier areas of research to faculty and research students.
3. Strengthening joint research projects and Networking projects across the country.
4. Support for Ph.D students from other institutes those who are deprived of equipment/laboratory facilities.
5. Guidance of Ph.D students of other institutes on experimental trouble shooting & research methodology.
6. Providing other mentoring activities to researchers from other Universities and Research Institutes, to participants & visitors.
7. Providing e-publications, through UGC INFLIBNET Subscription.
8. 'On site' workshop to the researchers who are located in remote places and not able to participate in regular summer/winter school training.
9. Setup satellite research/training centre in remote places to provide training to the researchers and young faculty.